[BaadAssGremlins] Wheel Detailing Again

I finally went to install my 2 freshly detailed wheels on the rear of my
orange Hornet yesterday. I bought new chrome lugs and washers put a
protective coat of wax on then along with cleaning and waxing the chrome
center adapter which the knock off screws onto. Scrubbed the raised
white letters on the BFG T/A Radials and Armorall'd the tires. I then
cleaned and painted the brake drums and installed one wheel/tire.
Probably no one but me would ever see this but I could see through the
spokes the inside of the wheel. I thought the brake drum would cover it
up. The inside of the wheel was just washed with enamel reducer and was
still grungy looking. You know how old aluminum gets that stained and
oxidated look. I probably could have left it and no one would have even
noticed, but I would have known. The big PIA I am for detail would not
let me leave it like that. I removed the wheel sanded the back with 400#
open cut sand paper and painted it with 2" brush with some black
Rustolium I had. I also did the other wheel. Now when installed since
the black Rustolium dried a sem-black the wheels look fine when
installed and the inner portion of the wheel is invisible to the eye.
Next week I will start on the 2 front wheels. They should not take quite
as long as I learned some ways to do things more efficiently without
sacrificing the quality of the work. I used a semi-gloss clear coat over
the entire wheel as the original wheels were semi-cleared when made.
This restored the original look to the non orange parts of the wheel and
also tamed down the orange body color between the ribs a bit to match
the slightly faded 32 year old original orange paint. This is going to
be one fine looking car in the spring for the show and cruise circuit.
It still needs the 77 AMX flairs and rear window louver to be painted
the body color and installed.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM