Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: [AmericanMotorsModelBuilders] Turbine Wheel Kn

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: [AmericanMotorsModelBuilders] Turbine Wheel Knock Off Emblems

Awsome Doc!
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
All I know is they are almost finished. All I can say is they look
great, but what a pain in the a$$ to make. Very time consuming.
Especially the last piece which the R/W/B AMC emblem is painted on. Good
thing I have a dehydrator and used it to dry the paint. I spent 3 hours
assembling them yesterday and put them in the dehydrator to cure the
super glue over night. I will give them a light scuffing with 1000# sand
paper today and put 2 coats of clear over them. I picked up some
Plasticote engine paint clear to use on them. I figure that it will seal
everything together and being engine paint it will give good protection
against the elements. Now I just have to finish cleaning the wheels and
scuff the area in between the spokes up and paint them with self etching
primer and then paint them the orange body color. I know they will look
real nice as I did it to an orange 74 Hornet promo I put the same style
turbine wheels on I got out of a 62 Vette kit. On the real car with the
knock off's 3 dimensional emblems the completed wheels should look
outstanding.
"Doc"