[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Garage II fence headaches mount...Argh!

[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Garage II fence headaches mount...Argh!

  I went down on Saturday, sick with aches and fever,
to check out the proposed fence layout my Fencer had
done, before he starts Monday. Good thing I did, as he
had changed my proposed layout "slightly", and now one
side fence line is apparently on the adjacent
property. One reason I wanted a few extra 90 degree
fence angles, to keep my fence off his line, but this
guy has straightened it out, and created a headache
for me now. I'll have to call him to stop for now and
call the other property owner ( a lawyer ). I will
call the other property owner to see if he might
permit that, have him look at it first, though.
  I'd had a corner cut off the fence line due to a
utility pole, but the local regs had changed over the
years, and the fence was pushed back further than I'd
planned ( or wanted, either, but only 2 feet more), so
now 2 45-degree angles are no longer needed, but he
included them anyway, but the fence will be behind the
pole by 2 feet , so I want that changed to keep the
fence straight ( but will require one extra pole now
).
  The LAST thing was the crotch-kicker, though, the
business owner on the other side showed up to open up
her pool hall as I was unloading the Jeep and getting
ready to leave , and we introduced ourselves, and I
mentioned my fence, and she said she'd seen it, and
that I was gonna block access to her oil
tanks.....HUH!? I thought they were MINE! We went
around back, and she said she thought the 8' easement
was hers for access, but I showed her the roofline up
top, where my roof ends is beside her building, that
8' is on my property ( but I didn't get a line survey
done, and her building was actually part of mine at
one time, and sold off later ), and due to small-town
ways, and other factors, the oil tanks never got moved
off, most likely. I'm going to work with her, she's a
nice lady, not going to require her to move it pronto,
but something will have to be done, because otherwise
I'll be losing 2 parking spots to allow access to the
tanks. I was planning on stuffing cars back in there
for now. Sheesh.
  So NOW, I'm stuck with having to probably build a
smaller gate into one side so she can allow the oil
company access onto MY property, and I'll be losing 2
valuable parking spots for now. NOT what I'd figured
on finding out this weekend! Glad we met and talked,
though, or that fence would have gone up and been
quite a problem for us all then. Dammit. I was hoping
to have it done this week! Now, I gotta see about
paying for a line survey to find out EXACTLY where the
lines are, which building has what land with it, etc.
I'm sure I own that 8', the old Plat is just a copy,
it's mostly black with white lines on it, for the
property, and not showing any buildings or the alley,
so it's pretty useless for visual references. I am
wondering if I can get the County or City to do a
better survey and draw in the buildings, etc. Since
there are 3 lots showing on that building, all perfect
rectangles, I have 2 lots, the lady has one, I'm sure
mine follows the roof line/wall between my 2/3's and
her 1/3 building. Fairly sure. But I'd like it
professionally surveyed now and documented. Darn barn
it, this really stinks up my hole schedule. I'm sure
the Fencer won't be pleased to have to wait, either.
Oh well, he created part of the problem, and now I
gotta see about what to do about the other problem.
Nothing's as simple in Smallville as you might think.
Guess I'll be pounding the phones on MOnday to the
lawyer and the county. Sigh.
  Well, today I need to rest, still got to finish
"fixing" the new dryer, turned out the lint was
clogging the vent tube between the brick wall, and it
caused the new dryer to shut off the heat. The vent
pipe itself was virtually clear, though, but I never
took off the vent cover outside to check INSIDE the
wall...so I've waited for almost 3 weeks to find out
the dryer itself wasn't broke!! Darn new-fangled
units, has so many sensors, it probably saved a lint
explosion, but didn't tell me WHY it was doing it,
until the Tech came out to look at it. I'm still mad
the Manufacturer only pays for ONE service call, so
the guy was ordering parts "just in case" so he would
only need 1 call. that stinks in my book. The old
dryer worked, the new didnt', and I'd checked the
entire inside vent hose, almost clean, so I figured it
"couldn't" be the problem. Oh well, he put down he'd
changed a gas valve out, so I wouldn't get charged. I
called him back after he left to thank him, Service
guys get little respect, and it wasn't his fault. I
don't think it was all mine, either, just a case of
not knowing what the new unit was doing and why. Oh
well, still need an extension for the vent pipe,
they'd sealed the hose into the wall due to a short
solid pipe inside the brick, so I need a longer piece
to attache it to now. THEN, we can use it ( thank GOD
). Laundrymats suck to use.
  Well, back to bed for me, now. Oy, my head hurts....

Jerry

http://mail.yahoo.com