[BaadAssGremlins] Re Thanks for the help..Building my 401)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re Thanks for the help..Building my 401)

I agree on the 998, however.....there is a reason why many folks the past
decade have went to the 904 trannie also. It has a awesome lower end, and
the speed stuff like stalls, modified valve bodies, converters and shift
kits are usually 1/2 the price of the bigger 727s. You can't go wrong with
either, however, I will add here that my 68 Rebel convertible "Machine"
which has a conservatively 350hp 71 401 in it, has had a 904 behind it since
1989 and 127,000 miles, some of them 1/4 mile at a time, some just to waste
big 27560R15s on the rear. The 904 has held up well and as I write now,
before I head out tonight (Astros/White Sox) it is 59 degrees, top down, Ram
Air open for business, good for a extra 10-15hp with this cool air between
53-65 degrees. But this beating this 904 has taken behind this formidable
401 the past 16 years is testimonial as to how well they hold up. Again
however, your results and driving habits may vary!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx