Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: repro parts (was fiberglass)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: repro parts (was fiberglass)

People think that all of us AMCers rode the short bus to school. Went to the Back to the 50's show up here in MN and one of the venders was a sheetmetal seller. If you had a mustang or camaro, you could buy almost the whole body. I got a bit rude with him when he waved me on because I drove an AMC. A couple more customers aked him why he only dealt with bellybutton cars.

eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Jim, what you need to do is first call them, then let them know you are sending it back and expect a full unconditional refund, including frieght for sending it back. I have never had problems with them but have had other problems with fiberglass manufactures who seem to think AMCers are bottom dwellers and they can send us anything and we are too dumb to notice. A couple of months ago I had a order for several 71-74 AMX fiberglass front spoilers. They sent them and they were great, however, they had four, not three, mounting brackets in the fiberglass. In other word, useless.

If you know anything about the 71-74 AMXs and Javelins you know that the front spoiler replaces the front valance and it is held on with three bolts per side, not four. I called them up and told them the problem, they switched me from department to department until I got one fellow who said "I have been doing these for 10+ years here and they always have had four mounts. I bluntly told him they can pull my records and they can see that I have been dealing with them for longed than he has been there and none of the previous spoilers have ever had four mounts per side.

He told me 'well, the Firebird people have almost same spoiler and they put a thin piece of metal between there to adjust them' and I said that a AMX is not a Trans Am. I also told him that I wouls send him a whole front valance (original metal) if need be 'so they could get it right again instead of thinking we are Firebird people' out there. I was blunt, but cordial. And I held firm, telling him that there is no way in hell I could ever sell these as they were worthless, and I am not going to be giving refunds to everyone, and even stopped a ebay auction for one when I discovered they were no good.

So I simply told them I would like a total refund, including my shipping back. I also scolded them for using a contract shipper this guy shows up with a damned 18 wheeler in front of my house and has my boxes, and then wants $91 for shipping! There was even 'fuel charge' in there. I was really pissed off about that. I told them they ship my stuff FedEx, no UPS, no USPS, no DHL, no Central, no Yellow, no shit. They said they had some issues with FedEx but I told them that I was not going to pay double for shipping either. To get these items to me from their origin should have been less than $45. I sent them back for $26. So they owe me abuot $500+ right now. They also got a schematic of the bolt pattern for the spoilers so they can get it rigth, providing they get it right or try.

We see a lot of this out there sadly, especially with fiberglass and to a lesser extent, stripes and weatherstrips. I'm sure it exists with other items like intakes, valves, carpets (I could go on here, there is a reason I don't sell carpets) and other items for the hobby.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx