[BaadAssGremlins] Still Tweaking Away

After having the car washed the other day I discovered the carper wet
near  the dimmer switch and will have to check that out. Probably a
clogged drain in the door pillar. Put the car on the lift yesterday and
had the water temp gauge installed and wired up along with having the
line removed for the charcoal canister and hooked the new gas tank vent
system up.
With the car up on the lift I can see an old problem has emerged again.
The new motor mounts have settled and the alt. is up against the
steering box. I figure a little grinding of the alt. housing and a bit
on the steering box should cure that. Also as I figured it was a pipe
dream that the gas gauge worked properly so I am not really upset that
it doesn't, that's a spring time project. When I bought the car it had
these nice Turbine style wheels on it and I had 4 new tires put on he
car. Same sizes as my yellow car with the front's slightly smaller for
sway bar clearance than the rears. I experienced a tire rub on the sway
bar of my yellow car. On a hard turn into my driveway or on a big bump I
could hear the  front tires slightly rub the fender edge. As the car was
going up on the lift and I was standing there as the wheels got eye
level somthing strange caught my. It appears the front and rear wheels
have different offsets with the deeper offset on the front rather than
on the back where they belong. This must have been done by the previous
idiot who owned the car because when I bought new tires, 2 at a time the
tire shop could not have possibly mistakenly put the wheels back on the
wrong spot. So all the tires have to be dismounted and remounted on the
right wheels and re-balanced. What a pain and unneeded expense. I will
stand there and personally make sure the right tire goes on the right
wheel and goes back where it belongs. Next week I plan on doing a little
cosmetic work. After polishing the wheels I am going to paint the area
between the spokes orange to match the body.
"Doc"