Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: disposable cars...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: disposable cars...

Your right Eddie we live in a disposable world. When is the last time you took anything to have it fixed? Remember when there was TV repair shops on every corner. Now with labor at $50 to $60 an hour it is a lot cheaper to throw things away then to have them fixed. Same with your old modern cars. Take someone who buys a $500 to a $1000 car. With the cars being so complex so the average Joe can't work on them it doesn't take much to throw one away. Transmission 1500 to 3000, Engine rebuild that much or more. A couple of front axles $200 a piece. Even something as simple as a fuel pump $800. Most places around here want a $100 to hook them up to the computer to tell you what is wrong with them. Remember when told you what was wrong for free. Now it is just easier and cheaper to throw it away and buy you another one that runs. That is why I think you have so many 10 to 15 year old cars sitting in junk yards. Not that much wrong with them but too expensive to fix.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS