Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hal's Horn

Thanks, I'll keep trying and looking for a diagram until I get it right.

Jerry <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:

> I am not familiar with the plain Gremlin steering wheel you
describe.
> The one with the wing you describe sounds like the standard one
used ....

  Doc, et al, the "plain" wheel has a center horn cap with serrated
edges, I've seen them, they truly ARE plain-jane, not even an AMC
emblem or designation in the center, just the red, white, and blue
thin ring design around the circumference. I think I have one of
those center caps "somewhere"...but it is one level below the 2-
spoke winged "standard" steering wheel with the emblem in the
center.

> Some where you have a short.....

Hal, does your new steering wheel have a plastic piece that the
screws go thru? There should be a plastic ring with 3 plastic
bushings attached, the screws go thru that to hold the metal ring
away from the metal of the steering wheel. If you don't have that,
you'll get a short. There's also a long plastic bushing that the
horn spring goes thru the actual wheel, so if that's missing or
broken, the contact spring could be shorting. You could also be
missing some of the correct wheel parts, due to the difference in
steering wheel design. I don't have a break-down diagram of the two
different wheels handy. Good luck,
Jerry in Virginia

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS