[BaadAssGremlins] Re: colored coded bumpers

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: colored coded bumpers

Part of the reason so few chroming places is the Feds shut them down! Here
in Houston we have three, but hell, we are the 4th largest city in US.
Something I would (should have before) suggest here on my comments about
having a bumper denickled and dechromed is locally, go to mixed make cruise
nigths and car shows. This is advise I have given for over 20 years. It is a
excellent way to find out who does what in the area like engine rebuilds,
trans, paint, body, interior, chrome, you name it. It does not matter what
type of car, the best thing is to simply strike up conversation with other
old car owners and ask them who did what type of work.

As for Hemming's Motor News, funny you mention them. I used to subscribe to
over 30 different national car magazines and advertised in most, if not all
of them. I just dropped my Hemming's Motor News subscription two months ago
(gee and they had a nice mention of me in there too darn it) but dropped
them simply because I don't have time to read stuff anymore. I was a
subscriber since 1984! 21 years!

About the only crap I get to read now is Telletubbies, Barney, Sesame
Street, Clifford the Big Red Dog, (you think New Orlenas is a mess, imagine
living in a neighborhood where a 40 foot dog drops a crap!!!) and other
kiddie things like Calliou.

The photo here is of Paige showing off her big bumpers. Actually, she was
fixing to go volunteer at Catholic Charities for a huge group of Katrina
refugees here from New Orleans area, and this front bumper I had just had
done locally at DC, fixing to ship it out to Baton Rouge, LA. DC does
excellent work here and I highly recommend them, have sold over 200 bumpers
thru the years they have rechromed, or denicked/dechromed.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx