[BaadAssGremlins] Fwd: [AmericanMotorsModelBuilders] I Am Jealous of Oth

[BaadAssGremlins] Fwd: [AmericanMotorsModelBuilders] I Am Jealous of Other BrandsHaving All The Repo Parts And We Struggle

Read this I sent this to the wrong group this morning.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I was watching that TV show Overhauling with Chip Foose the other night.
They took this rusty pos 68 Pontiac Tempest and rebuilt it. I have
parted out better AMC's than this for lack of good sheet metal to repair
them and keep them around and probably most of you have too. They just
went to some huge repo GM parts whare house and got all the body parts
right off the shelf they needed. By the time they got through the only
original body part on the car was the roof. They got new doors, hood,
trunk. quarters, fenders and rockers, bumpers and god only know's what
else. And also all new interior parts. Granted these parts must have
cost a small fortune but they had them and in stock on the shelf!!!!!!
and we can't even get a lousy fiberglass 77 AMX repo front air dam!!!!!
Like I have said any one can build a GM or a Ford and lately a Mopar
from deep pockets for repo parts but it takes a real man to build an
AMC. I like many of my friends could take the easy way out and build a
brand "X" but I have never taken the easy way out on anything in my
life. That's why I buy good sheet metal when I can find it for my
Hornet's weather I need it or not. It also helps that I have 2 cars the
same year and body style. I got my own whare house started in my garage
and my storage space. When I first got the orange car I needed an under
the dash heater control cable. I just went into my garage and took one
off the shelf from a 74 Hornet coupe I parted out 20 years ago.
"Doc"

--- End Message ---