[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 88 Eagle (was:two rare cars cheap!)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 88 Eagle (was:two rare cars cheap!)

That Eagle.......is what I like to call a 'future collectible' especially
for historic purposes. Anyone who has ever been to a auto parts store knows
nothing 1988 AMC exists. Basically this is a Mopar. Looking at any 1988
Eagle I have ever seen shows that just about every AMC badge was stripped
off the vehicle. Excluding the little tiny AMC logo on horn and radio. I
believe Mopar thought they could easily sell it for $15K if it was not
associated with a failed car company. So one day, people will be scrambling
to buy...or find....first....and last year....AMC eagles. But this goes
without saying on ANY AMC model. Early production and late production cars
are simply more collectible than regular in the calender year cars. And it
always has been that way.

While not Gremlin related, there are two files on my site dealing with this,
one is the metal trim door tag:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/amc_metal_door_tag.htm

Note this first few days of production 70 AMX door tag:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/70AMXdoortag.jpg
That was a GoodYear Tire Company display car I had. Parted it out too. Coast
Car.

The other is the VIN decoder:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/amc%20vin%20decoding.htm

Many times it helps educate people leading to stuff like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-amc-AMX-390-GO-PACK-89K-ORIGINAL-CAR-N-R_W0QQitemZ4580901167QQcategoryZ5357QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
where he likes my Go Pack file off my site, which might influence some, uh,
mopar buyer to buy that car.

But one day, and not anytime soon, probably when Doc finishes his Hornet
(just kidding Doc!!!) in 2073, (which will be about same time Cubs win World
Series) AMC eagles will be extremely collectible, and sought after,
especially the early production and late end of run ones like this blue one
for only $1000 in 2005. And like more collectible AMCs from the 60s/70s like
AMX, SC/360, convertibles, the more unusual, the better, like a Eagle with
4speed or 5speed, ultra loaded out versions, low milers, original owner
cars, and yes, even four cylinder versions.

That is what made that 70 Javelin BBB in NJ so collectible. One, is was last
year flat fendered Javelin, and two, few 70 Javelins made in Big Bad
Blue.....with a factory SIX. But don't mix up rarity with market value, that
is a whole nother story!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825