Re: [BaadAssGremlins] question

First of all since I do not know, did 70 Gremlins come with a package
tray? Are you talking about the 2 "L" shaped brackets? My experience is
with newer Hornet's. There is a metal frame that runs across the bottom
of the plastic dash that bolts into the door pillar on both sides of the
car. This metal frame is where the "L" bracket's gets attached to. Just
to the right of the steering column on this frame is a slot for a sheet
metal screw to attach one bracket and the other is just to he right of
the center dash panel is the other slot. Funny you should mention this
as I am painting the "L" brackets to install for my package tray today.
Also from personal experience at the end of the package tray on the
inside mounting flange rivet a piece of sheet metal to keep this area
where the screws go through to the kick panels to the door pillar so the
package tray flange does not crack and also use a piece of 1/8"X2" steel
strap between the 2 "L" brackets to support the radio. There is no metal
in the package tray and they will crack. These simple mod's prevent
this. Hope this help's.
"Doc"