Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS ain't NOS (was: Hand Brake"T" Handle On eB

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS ain't NOS (was: Hand Brake"T" Handle On eBay)

Thanks for the Help site Eddie. I got the part no# off of it and called
my local auto parts store (NON CHAIN) I was told it was not a popular
no# so that is why it was not stocked. The guy that told me this is not
my regular parts guy I always try to talk to. I told him it was listed
for 68-98 GM cars so how could it not be a popular item? Any how the
outcome is I will have it today. As far as parts go I usually have no
problem getting parts. I hear people on all the AMC groups complain how
hard it is to get mechanical parts. My first place to look is my local
auto parts store and deal with this one certain counter man that I know
for 10 years. He has he knowledge and is not intimidated by AMC's or
other old cars to find me what I need. Maybe I am just spoiled by having
found a competent counter man. Next I check the AMC venders and last of
all eBay. You have also warned us in the past Eddie about the help parts
being sold as nos on eBay. It's good to bring it up now and then for the
newbies to the hobby, so they don't get stiffed. I still get a kick
about AMC's as now being a hobby. I been driveing them sice I was 16
years old in 1962. :-)~
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Doc, and others, something here worth mentioning also is that we commonly
see a number of "Help!" items chunked on ebait.com by people who take them
out of bags, then list it as NOS. A common item is Eagle/Spirit/SX/4
headlight adjusters; another is interior door handles, and a occasional
brake handle such as the one we are talking about here. So ya'll be careful,
as why pay $40 for a set of "NOS" headlight adjusters when you can wallow
down (or mosey) to a local auto parts store and pick them up for under $5.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx