Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Route 66 Fest in Springfield

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Route 66 Fest in Springfield

Pax,
 I know what ya mean. My grem was the only one at the track. I got lots of thumbs up and people were Tracking me down to talk to me about gremlins. I had a guy come by and he looked under the hood and said "it's even amc powered! Don't see that much, most are chevy powered. That's cool" I explained to him how well amc's run and how stock and worn out this 360 was
 Davis

paxiljunki <paxiljunki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would have taken part in the car show in downtown
Springfield, IL this weekend, but I had a house full
of people to entertain. Friday night, while the
vendors were setting up downtown and the streets were
blocked off to through traffic, i drove my Gremlin as
if i owned the place. a lot of heads turned and it
made me smile.

saturday my friends and i stopped by and wandered the
car show. didn't do the whole thing but i didn't see
any AMCs there. i did see a couple of Ford Pintos and
strolled over to talk to a guy I run into at events
around here. he told me that someone had been telling
him about seeing a Gremlin driving around Springfield
and he knew the person was talking about me. that
made me feel good too.

it's great to drive a distinctive car.

pax

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams

http://mail.yahoo.com