[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Options

Hi All,
When I first got my Gremlin, the first thing I noticed that the thing
was really loaded with rare options. Of course there is the Levi's
Interior, A/C, the Vinyl Roof, the V8 engine(with correct H code Vin
#), X Package, intermittent wipers, Visibility Group(with remote
driver mirror, optional chrome right hand mirror(VERY RARE), glove
box light and inside hood release) I also noticed that the car had a
cruise control on the lever. I always figured that someone had
changed the turn signal lever--maybe someone broke the original one??
Anyway, my mechanic just pointed out to me the electronics for the
cruise control were still present under the hood at the firewall!!
According to the AMC brochure I have, this was not an option on
Gremlins in 73. Could this be a dealer installed option? Or does
anyone else here have a Gremlin or Hornet(or have seen one) that had
cruise control and was from 73. The AMC brochures show Cruise Command
being optional in 75 but not before. I want to note that this is the
correct OEM cruise control with the same Cruise Command control as
seen in the 75 brochure. Not the after market "attach to the turn
signal lever" type. Anyway, i hope to get this system reconnected and
working in the near future(after I get the A/C system put back
together that is)
Thanks
Paul