[BaadAssGremlins] Actually Some Progress You Can See For Change

[BaadAssGremlins] Actually Some Progress You Can See For Change

Man there is nothing like having the right tool for the right job. I
needed to make 2 small notches in the dash's frame so the center section
would fit. I brought my Dremil from the house and with a 1" cut off
wheel it took about a minute a notch and now the center section fits and
is now installed. I installed the radio delete plate since I don't have
or want a radio. To dress it up a bit I installed an early Hornet front
fender bee emblem I got off of eBay that has on of the mounting studs
broken off. I cut the other one off and mounted it with double stick
tape so as not to have to cut or mutilate the radio delete plate, it
looks factory. The ash tray is in along with the cigarette lighter which
has a matching billet knob that matches the rest of the billet knobs on
the dash. The glove box surround is now in along with the glove box
door. I installed the window pillar plastic molding on the pass side.
The Hornet emblem was missing on the glove box door. I couldn't find one
so I made my own from model supplies. I used an AMC R/W/B decal emblem
from a from a 70 Rebel Machine kit after that with white rub on letters
I wrote out "Hornet Hatchback" with the black background and the silver
edge molding if you didn't know better you would swear it was factory.
Sprayed a cote of clear model paint over it to seal everything in. I am
so pleased with the way the dash is finally coming together. My friend
that runs the Ardsley show stopped by and thought everything was done
really nice. He knows what a pain I am for detail. I still know I will
have to tweak every last part to go in yet. Almost nothing ever goes
easy on this car. It is always a fight of some kind.
"Doc"