Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Car Show

Well, I went looking for the Gremlin after work today. It seems like the Gremlin turned into a Javelin over night. At least that is what I think. I rode up and down the road two or three times and no Gremlin but the Javelin was in a car lot at the location the guys told me where the Gremlin was supposed to be. I figured this almost had to be it. When is the last you seen a Javelin in a car lot? I stopped and talk to the guy he said he knew of no lot that had a Gremlin. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. I looked the Javelin over. It was a 74 with 85,000 miles on it. The interior was perfect. The body was nice but it had been painted. One thing about it was the fact it had AMX emblems on it. I thought all the AMX's of this period didn't have back seats. Anyway when he said $7,900 I didn't even ask to see what it had under the hood. It might be worth it but not to me.  Did I tell you I did find a 79 or 80 Spirit for sale? Lots and lots of rust and the interior was trash. If it would have been a V8 I might have thought about it but it had great gas mileage on the windshield so I think I will pass on it. I was disappointed in my trip. Going down there I was hoping if it wasn't a Gremlin it would be a Hornet or even a nice Concord fairly cheap.  Like I said I would love to have another AMC but if I never find one no big deal. I just glad I have the one I have.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS