[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Jerry's Gremlin Garage II ....goin' the distance (

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Jerry's Gremlin Garage II ....goin' the distance ( and back )

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Man that's a long ride. You better put a bed and a small fridge and a
> barbeque grill there and make it weekend trips. A 6-8 hour round
trip is
> way to much for one day.

 Oh, I don't know, I've done it, but you're right, I will probably
outfit the building with an "overnight" facility to house my wife
and I when we're down there. It'll definitely be a weekend thing, or a
LONG day, to work on my cars

Are you going to have any AMC's at your house
> or just at the 3 hour away garage?

  I will have some at the house, hopefully only the "running and
driving" vehicles after awhile. I have room for 20 at home, IF I pack
the driveway double-wide. LOL. But I think realistically, umm,
probably ideally I should limit it to about 8 of my cars, and the
wifes single car. That would leave me with plenty of room to work
around stuff. I have a nice driveway! One of the main features that
attracted me to the house to begin with.

 Did you ever get the new springs in
> the Pacer?

  I restarted that project 2+ weeks ago, but the purchase of the
building, a "new" '94 Jeep Cherokee, and some other legal things kept
me busy, I did get one old one off, and a new one quasi-installed, not
attached to the axle yet. I hope to get back on it next week for sure!

That deal you mentioned about a bunch of people going in on a
> place is fine but money and reliable people you can trust to go in
on a
> deal like that are hard to find.

 The nice thing about the Minnesota club deal was, you could build
your own enclosed area inside the warehouse, so you could lock your
tools and car up. Besides, they rarely had trouble, and enough guys
were there all the time so as to make it difficult for anyone to break
into a cage anyway. I think my friend did mention they had one or two
break-ins, all by "newer" club members, and they were kicked out when
found out, and the tools recovered. But for the most part, it went
well, if I remember correctly.

 >  You may have done the right thing doing this by
> yourself as there will be no surprises. Good luck.
> "Doc"

  Yes, I think I did, this way it's only MY vision and I get MY way,
no one else to share it with. But I would have shared up here, if I
could have found partners. Just no one who had extra money to do it,
and real estate is too expensive in this area, for the most part.
  I'm willing to travel a few hours for the price savings, others
aren't. But if you want spare cars, you need a cheap place, so it's an
acceptable trade off to me ( 24 cars, hopefully to be pared down to 14
or so eventually ). I'll need some luck to get alot done quickly this
year!
Jerry