Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Alt light

Terry with the symptoms  he reported the engine will keep running even
with a diode trio going bad in the alt. and the light on. I have even
had a volt meter on a running car and it showed it was charging and the
light was on. These Motorola Alt are a big pain. Also if you take the
battery cable off and the engine still runs shut it off before putting
the cable back on or you could cause a power surge and damage somthing.
I been working on these Motorola's for 32 years and know all the
problems with them. I put 3 rebuilt ones on my orange hornet in the
period of a month  and they were all no good so I went to the Delco 100
amp.
"Doc"