RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Hey Grandpa!!!!!

A white '75 and too much money? Sounds almost like the guy
I met at the AMCRC meet this summer.

He has a very nice-looking '74 X with a factory 304. He
claimed to be the original owner and seemed quite sincere
when he reported the car was 'completely original' despite
it wearing several items not offered by AMC, either at all
or not until several years later. 'Incorrect' pieces
included the dual exhaust and chrome exhaust tips, the air
cleaner, the valve covers, the intake, the carb, the wheels
(the wheels he admitted were add-ons), the all-blacked-out
grille and the wheel flare pieces from a 1977 AMX mounted
over the stainless '74 rocker trim which he insisted was
factory-installed, despite the fact that AMC didn't
manufacture such pieces 'til much later...and he didn't
have the matching front air dam. His $15,000 asking price
probably meant the car went unsold, as that seemed very
high in my book.
http://www.javelinamx.com/JavHome/jwr/73hornet360/070905b.jpg
http://www.javelinamx.com/JavHome/jwr/73hornet360/070905a.jpg

If the price seems reasonable, and you have that kind of money
available, do make me an offer on my '73 360...please! :)

John