Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Problems

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am going to replace the ignition modular even through it is not that old. It is funny that you mention the pickup coil Paul. When I got the new ignition modular it said if the car still didn't start replace the pickup coil. I don't remember replacing it. I don't know why. Is it hard to replace or is there some trick to it. I checked the price on it and I think it was about $15. I will pick up one tomorrow. Doc If I can't fix the problem I wouldn't have any problem going to points. I ran cars for years with them and didn't have any problems. If it had points I wouldn't change it over to electronic ignition. Points are cheap. The one good thing about the Gremlin it doesn't have that many parts and they are fairly cheap. I don't mind spending $15 to $20 on questionable parts to try and fix a problem. In the newer cars they seem to have a thousand electronic parts on them controlling everything and everyone cost a $100 a piece.
Thanks
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS