Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Progress

The reason I didn't go to the CAMO show in the last 2 years was because
of my health. The 3 previous years I had a room and stayed over night.
In 2000 for the Nationals I drove up both days with my son and a friend.
There is no fall Ardsley show this year because of the poor turn out
last year. Besides my friend who puts it on hasn't been well. I am not
sure about the spring show but will let you know when and if it will
happen. Attendance has fallen off dramatically in the last few years.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Doc,
 I am glad to see things are still comming along. This car will be exactally the way you want it when you are daone. NO money can buy that. It has been really nice to follow along these passed 2 years and I  hope to see the car next year. Maby you can make it to the CAMO show and spend the night so it's not such a long trip? I hope to make the Ardsly show in the spring.Hopfully I will have my black car done by then!
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I may finally get to drive this car in a couple of weeks. My friends
shop is now open again on saturdays. The heat is still here. Just
sitting assembling the dash it was so hot and humid the sweat just
poured off of me. I installed the crash pad to the freshly painted dash.
The top was painted with black SEM and the face was painted with gloss
enamel. I has been so hot that even the enamel dried with a slight haze
that I will have to polish out with tooth paste and corn starch and
water after it has dried for a few days. You can't use regular
automotive compound on fresh enamel and especially spray can enamel. I
pop riveted the cars original vin# tag to the new dash with aluminum pop
rivets. There was a big discussion a while back about the tags had
rivets with special heads and the cops could tell if you had changed the
vin. I don't know wh at these guys were talking about. Once the dash is
installed the rivet heads are not visible. The defroster ducting is
installed, I had to piece together 2 old gaskets to make one good one.
Since the dash is out I will neaten up the wiring and install the
harness I made for the Auto Meter gauges I installed in the factory pod.
What a job this car has been, 2 years now and almost 10,000$ for a daily
driver. With gas prices the way they are I am glad it is a 6 cyl 1 bbl.
Now to add the B&M trans pack and set it on firm after the tranny is
rebuilt.
"Doc"