[BaadAssGremlins] Crash Pad Prep For Installation & Progress

[BaadAssGremlins] Crash Pad Prep For Installation & Progress

Due to past experience with crash pads I find that when they and the
other dash components are screwed together at the factory the plastic
holes are stripped or almost stripped so once you remove the screws and
try to re-install and tighten them  you can't. That is the reason these
dashes rattle and squeak. My cure for the problem is to with a tooth
pick put a little body joint sealer in each hole. The kind of sealer
that dries hard. Problem solved. I had to do that on my yellow Hornet
and just as a precautionary measure I did it on the crash pad I am using
on the orange car yesterday afternoon. The heat has been back for a week
but rain has started as of last night so it may be cooler the next few
days. Yesterday I painted the top part of the dash with black SEM to
freshen it up and top coated it with semi gloss so it makes the vinal
grain texture in the dash plastic look like real vinal.  The other areas
of the dash will be painted with gloss black enamel today. The steering
column is painted and drying nicely while I do the finish dash work.
When I removed the clips and vents from the old tan dash the plastic was
so brittle it practically crumbled. So the replacement dash is out of
the house and so will the crash pad be today. In a week or so all the
other dash parts will be out of the house Maybe then I will have some
peace from my wife.
"Doc"