RE: [BaadAssGremlins] re: a old flame (AMX) & spelin contest

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] re: a old flame (AMX) & spelin contest

Eddie,

Hey- I wasn't knocking anybody's spelling, mainly because half
the time it's the typist and the other half, it's just typing
skills or lousy keyboards. You can be an excellent speller with
pen and paper, but on the computer, look like an epileptic <sp?>
octopus!

And our AMC folk in Europe, Mexico and elsewhere...they're
excused as their English is FAR better than any second language
I might try to mimic! The closest I get is 'Slang'.

No...my slam was for the life-long American that can't be bothered
to pick up the language that is all around him, every day of his
life. Seems Mark P. on the AMC List has a chip on his shoulder about
education, but as a High School grad with nothing more (and that
"ain't" much), I can at least speak the language...even if I can't
give an example of a 'preposition' (but I can sure spot a good
proposition!).

The real quandry (yup....only high school!) is that while many,
MANY eBayers say the exact same thing that started me on this
tread, I've never heard the error spoken aloud. And I've gotten
around the map a bit, so I know it's not a 'dialect' or regional
thing. I'm totally stumped as to how it keeps landing in typewritten
form.

John