[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT's & Levis 78 interiors

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT's & Levis 78 interiors

Title: Message

Well don't know why I didn't pull this off the shelf eariler. Guess just tired. What better way to figure out what was offered than the actual monster sized dealer product info book, complete with actual pieces of the material for customers to fell while at dealership and go 'oooohh!'

It appears the Levi's matarial was available in not three, but four colors. I have never seen red, and have seen mostly blue, then black and well, I guess like the Gremlin GT link I posted, only a few tans. This book is what the dealerships pulled out and then took orders for the vehicles, so you won't have discrepiences like in color catalogs printed months in advance then have running changes.

I can take clearer photos if someone asks and post them here, but remember this is a book whn folded out is over two feet wide and two feet across, can easily double as a baby bed matress.

It don't appear the 78 AMX was available with the all the Levi's colors, only blue, black and tan. But the Gremlin X and Gt were available with bule, black, tan and red. So maybe I just learned something myself.

As for this big book, few remain as AMC dealerships usually shitcanned them after that model year, sometimes holding onto them for maybe 1-2 years later, but always tossing them, after all, why keep them if you could no longer use them to order that model. And if you needed parts or replacements that is what microfiche and parts books were for. So few survive. That is why when you see a Data Book on ebay, especially "bastard years" of 1966, 1970, and 1977, they command $400+. And if you are lucky enough to find one at meets, $200+ is not out of norm.

No, mine is not for sale, it is for reference for times like these I guess even though no 78 in stock right now!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS