Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Ok...This is the skinny on the grilles. The 70-73 grilles were silver finished with like a rough silver. If it was an X model the grill was painted body color. That is how you can tell this grille is a NOS gremlin X grille. There was no X in the grill till late 73 when they swaped over to the 3 piece style grille. All of the late 73-76 grills had the hole in the middle to mount the X. I have a NOS 73-76 grille and am waiting for when they get rare
 Davis

eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What is special about it is how he worded the auction. Usually you get more
hits with certain key words. That grill would fit any Gremlin, Gremlin X,
mini wagon, Rallye, all the little sub models and dealer versions. Same part
number so far as I know. This is his part number off the auction:
Part # 8120489
which is superceded by
Part # 3636200
If not mistaken (and I am not a Gremlin expert) all of them had a small
provision in the middle for a X emblem. I have a 75 non Gremlin X grill here
and it has the small hole in the middle in case the car ended up being a X
edition. Go check yours, chances are it has a small flat piece in the middle
where a X might have went if someone ordered it up. Or....later as many
people are prone to do now, add a few X decals or emblmes and viola.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx