[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Junkyard Gremlin

Paul. I could use some items for my 72 Gremlin.Does it have the wheel
opening moldings / trim?  With/without the rocker panel moldings. I
ask because the wheel opening moldings are  different in
length...depending whether it has/does not have the rocker trim. I
need a left front fender one(take a set if nice). Also..what are you
wanting for the rear hatch?  What condition is the glass in...metal
trim  also? How are the hatch hinges??Do you have a  lift cylinder to
go with it? Would be good for a spare.My wife had a big Gremlin man
decal (about a foot tall) made for me for my 50th birthday last week.
I want to put it on a spare glass(easier to install on the inside
when glass is out)Does the Grem  have the trim pieces around the seat
release buttons on the seat backs? I need both sides. Can't the rear
bumper with brackets un-bolt from the inside after the plastic trim
is removed?..Kinda like the Javelins do? How straight is the
bumper/brackets/chrome condition??? I'd be real interested. Are you
coming to the AMC Nationals in Cordova Ill (Cordova Drag Way)?  Or
have someone coming?  You can email me direct if you'd like.Thanks
alot,Joe--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Gable
<pdgable@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Had a great day today. There was actually a Gremlin in the
junkyard!!
> Looked to be a 72 as there was no shock absorbers in the front(so
not
> a 73) and no Gremlins on the front fender(or evidence of them) (so
> not a 71) Got lots of cool shwag from it including all the plastic
> trim stuff. It is all cracked up but I am planning to use Epoxy to
> put it all together, sand it and then paint it blue. Ought to be
> fun!! Also got the "rare" center dash piece and it was in perfect
> condition with ashtray!! The guy who has the car before it was
junked
> put this stupid woodgrain which I have already removed but it
really
> a nice piece. This will also be painted blue--of course. Has the
> lighter delete plug so I will be looking for a lighter. Also got
the
> splash guards off the inside of the front fenders which were
missing
> from my car for some reason. Also, I got some pretty nice
taillight
> assemblies with nearly all of the chrome still intact. A few
bubbles
> but overall I am quite pleased. Oh, yeah and a rearview mirror(the
> long day/night one) All this stuff I need. One thing I got that I
am
> not planning to keep is the rear window. It is the type with one
> strut so I can't use it. If anyone on the list wants this window,
> send me an offer!! If these offers suck, I will just sell it on
Ebay
> where it will go for $350!! Maybe not..but I can dream can't I?
> Seriously, no reasonable offer refused.  Just wondering if there
is
> anything else on this car that someone might want. The back bumper
is
> pretty nice.  This will be a pain to get off so if anyone want me
> get it, expect to pay for my time getting it off. There are also
some
> nice American motors hubcaps--three of them. One of them is kind
of
> banged up but the other two are okay. The rear side markers are
there
> and in okay shape but no chrome. The front markers, turn signals,
> grill and bumper are trashed. The hood is okay(I think) but there
are
> holes drilled in it for locks. There is a manual washer reservoir
(not
> electric). The pedal pads are there. Window cranks, door panels
(not
> that great but better than nothing), One good armrest without the
> metal trim piece. The back seat is pretty nice. The front bench is
> solid but the drivers side is worn through.  The release does not
> seem to work on the driver side but works fine on the passenger.
Kind