[BaadAssGremlins] Almost Sept. And Another Month Gone

[BaadAssGremlins] Almost Sept. And Another Month Gone

Sept. is almost here and I still ain't close to finishing the damn
interior. I finished the Dynamat and cleaned out the interior. I have
the 2 pass. compartment pieces of carpet to install now. They are
supposed to be molded to fit. The rear one fits pretty close on the
molded part but will need a lot of trimming at the ends to make it fit
properly and tuck up under the rear door panels and sill plates, as if
that was a surprise since the last 4 pieces in the hatch area needed
extensive work to make them fit properly. You would have at least
thought they would cut the 4 holes for the front seat belt mounts, yea
right. I can understand not cutting the holes for the seats as some have
buckets and some have a bench seat. I gave the front carpet a fast check
on fit and it too will need a fair amount of work to make it fit
properly. Also the rubber insert for your shoe heals is not quite in the
right place, but that can be hidden by a nice set of floor mats. For the
225$ plus shipping I paid for this supposed factory replacement carpet
kit I could have bought 3 yards of carpet for 30$ a yard and made my own
carpets with less trouble than making the kit fit. I did that on my
yellow Hornet because of the roll cage and custom rear seat and hatch
area. On the bucket seat upholstery I just gave up and for now I bought
some pull over, tie on seat covers like the ricer kids use till I can
get the seats properly upholstered. The car has been laid up for 7 1/2
months so far for this interior job. I'd at least like to make a couple
of cruise nights before the season ends. Not that I don't drive the car
in the winter when the roads are clean and dry.
"Doc"