Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Engine Help Please

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Engine Help Please

If nothing else you can hear the coolant percolating in the system and
it would blow the coolant out the rad. overflow and if it was hot enough
to cut off steam or coolant would be also come out of the coolant
recovery tank if your car had one.
Along with your planned repairs you did not mention the most important
thing. The radiator. I had an overheating problem with my Hornet but my
gauge worked and I did not cook the engine like you did. I would also
check the oil. If it was as hot as you say the oil has probably turned
to sludge. A warped head and a blown head gasket might be worth checking
out with a coolant pressure test and a compression check.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I think I figured out the problem, the rad hoses are the original hoses
on the car and they are in really poor shape, one of them may have
collapsed or the thermostat may have gone bad and prevented coolent
flow, the engine overheated and wouldnt run and kept shutting off, I
picked it up late last night off of the side of the road and it drove
beautifully all the way home once it cooled off, I originally
overlooked this possibility due to the fact my temp gauge is not
working so i did not realize it was getting hot. I am changing the
hoses, water pump, thermostat, and temp sending unit to be safe.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Sounds like you got some trash in the fuel system when you changed
the  pump.
> A small piece of trash is stuck around the needle valve and will not
allow
> enough fuel in to keep it running. Once the bowl is empty, it shuts
off.

> Rick

--- End Message ---