[BaadAssGremlins] Abandoned ( Gremlin ) car title process under way in V

[BaadAssGremlins] Abandoned ( Gremlin ) car title process under way in VA...

  Needing to move some of the cars in my OWN driveway ( I have 7, plus
2 in the garage ), I've been storing a '72 Gremlin for a friend now
for 2 years, he's apparently going to be staying in CA another year,
and won't be able to keep the Gremlin, in a nutshell. So he said sell
it, so I did - to my Stepson! He's been wanting one, they've grown on
him since I've had 5 hanging around now for 5 years here at home.
   So, once that was settled, I have started the process to acquire a
title to the car from Virginia legally. Below is the timeline for
title acquisition of abandoned vehicle in Virginia (so far) :

  Monday Aug. 8th - mail out request for info on previous owner, $8 fee

  Wednesday Aug. 17th - received info requested on former owner

  Friday Aug. 19th - sent out Registered Mail to prev. owner, $7.50 fee

  Hopefully, the former owner does NOT reside at the old residence,
couldn't find a reference to her online or via 411.com, so if we're
lucky, the Registered mail will come back unaccepted, and then it'll
be fairly straight-forward to getting the title. Have to fill out
another form or two ( duh! ), and then it should ownersville for my
son Brian. I decided to do the requests in his name, so he can get the
title in his name, instead of going thru me first. Actually, I sent it
out with both his name AND mine on the registered letter, so it
shouldn't matter, either of us could get title, but I want to save the
$75. :) I don't need another Gremlin right now! Got enough to worry
about, moving my fleet from the farm as it is.
  So, another Gremlin may come under new management soon, Brian wants
to put "ground effects" packaging on it, including wheel well
extensions, so it may be an interesting project for him. His friend
has a '59 Bel Air 4-door Hardtop, so he's definitely getting into
older cars. LOL. At least he doesn't care for Fords, I'd have to
disown him.
  Well, that's the report from The Gremlin Garage in Virginia, slow
but steady movement on ONE project, anyway. And hopefully another
Gremlin owner soon. Wish him luck.

 Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA