[BaadAssGremlins] Jerry's AMC fleet looking for new home soon!....Possib

[BaadAssGremlins] Jerry's AMC fleet looking for new home soon!....Possibility found

  Well, it finally happened, as I found out my aunt is having her
farm sold, where I have stored about 15 cars for the last 10 years
or more. I was dreading the day this would happen, but I knew it
would, so now I am having to deal with finding a new home for them.
  Luckily, my mother gave me some inheritance money early last
month, she wanted me to buy a new car, but I am gonna buy some
property instead and buy a "newer" used vehicle to replace my
aging '72 Bel Air driver, which is eating me up for $60 a week on
gas. I luckily discovered my Dad's 2nd cousin had a piece of
property in a nearby town for sale, $18,000, complete with building,
which is near the farm . I looked it over yesterday when I took a
trip down to specifically see it. It has a back lot open that's 30 x
50, with a concrete room which "may" hold 2-3 Gremlins IF I can open
a big enough opening into it. I'll need to build a privacy fence
around it, figure another 2K of funds worst case. I have 15 cars,
but 6 are parts cars, and can be trashed without too much weeping on
my part. :) INcluded is the '78 GT, it has rusted beyond most men's
ability to bring it back now, I will gut the interior, save what I
can, and scrap the body. IT's toast now. Ohio wasn't good to it, and
my storing it hasn't helped, either. Sad, but probably inevitable,
as it has too much collision damage plus the rust-outs to really
save it. When I went down there 4 weeks ago for the first time in 3
years to make up with my aunt over some family feuding, I found the
passenger door lying in the weeds, it had fallen off by itself, due
to the rust. Not a good omen for it.
  Anyway, I think I can fit the other 7-9 cars in the back lot,
would DEFINITELY fit if I can open that concrete room up for a
Gremlin or two. That would take the pressure off my owning all these
cars and having them at my aunt's place. I'd own my own place to
store them until I could get to them "eventually". Worst case, I'd
save only 4-6 and delete some of my "would like to keep'em " cars
but aren't necessarily highly desireable to me. My priorities are
the '70 Javelin, '70 Hornet, '55 Chevy Suburban, '74 Gremlin, 76
Matador Coupe, '57 Chevy 4-door, and my wife's '87 VW Scirocco. The
V-dub could be sold, but it'd have to be moved temporarily.
  My main problem now is not knowing WHEN the farm will be sold, as
there are some negotiations about not breaking the land up at all,
as it's a historical site. Two parties are interested, but the price
is $4,000,000, only one has come up with the required money so far.
I may have months, or ???. I can make this deal happen with my
cousin's property quickly, and I'm sure since he wants to unload it,
I could move my cars in ahead of actually OWNING it. LOL.
  Another problem is my friend Ben Franklin ( a human, NOT a green
and white bill! Although I have alot more of THOSE friends now,
too...GRIN!), he has 9 cars stored down at my aunt's farm, too. 4-5
Javelin AMX types, a '78 Concord, a Spirit or two, and a '62 Rambler
that's pretty decent except for the back subframe rust. I doubt I'll
have enough room at first for all my cars AND his, unless we can
find a way to put some INTO the building, and make sure the floor
will hold the weight of them all. That may come after I move my cars
into the back lot, then check out the floor situation later. If
anyone is interested, the cars are near Crewe / Burkeville, VA, Ben
would sell any of his cars right now ( he offered the lot to me
fairly reasonable, but I don't care for those body styles,
personally - his Email is Ben70amx@xxxxxxxxx if you want to enquire
about purchasing a parts/project car )
  All in all, I'll be fairly busy trying to save my cars in the next
2-3 months from an uncertain fate. Well, I KNOW their fate if I do
nothing! Pfft! Gone...so I guess I'll spend this early inheritance
money on some property, and maybe later turn it around in 10-15
years if necessary. Property rarely goes down in value, this one
needs a new roof, but is reasonably ok for now, so my cousin says. I
haven't found any other property which is as close, in my price
range,and has the added bonus of my own relatives being close by to
keep an eye on it while I'm 160 miles away. All in all, not perfect
( I'd like a 40 x 100 building on a few acres, hidden, for $5,000 or
less, THAT would be perfect!), but as close to acceptable for now as
I'm likely to find on short notice. If I knew I had longer, I would
take some more time, but my aunt has no idea when any deal will be
completed, and I'm sure it'll require a few months of moving HER
stuff out, as she has 1,000 acres worth herself, all of the antique
furniture in this 33-room home won't go with the sale so she said,
so it'll be a little while, I'm sure. I just need to secure MY
property myself, finally. Thanks to Mom, I'll be able to do so now.
  Well, that was long-winded, but now you know my current AMC soap
opera life. I hope to get outside today and work on an AMC, been
putting it off, I'm gonna TRY to finally fix the Pacer leaf springs
after 4-5 years? now. Heat may fry me, but I need to move on some of
these projects.  So, that's it for this post, will keep you informed
of my Save My Cars project as it happens. Sayonarra,

JErry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
too many cars, too little time for now...