Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: bumper brackets

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: bumper brackets

As much as I would love someone to make bumper replacements for Hornet's
and Gremlins it would not be profitable so no one does that I know of. I
know where your bumpers are rotted out, at the ends from the dirt from
the tires being thrown into the corners and holding moisture. I have
that problem with my yellow 74, any Hornet rear bumper from 74-77 will
fit a Gremlin and a 78 Concord one will too. In 79 they went to those
horrible aluminum bumpers. I have a 78 Concord rear bumper for my yellow
74 Hornet. Since the EPA crack down on all emissions not only from cars
but other business and the new plastic bumpers that are now on all the
new cars 99% of all the bumper repair and re-chromeing shops have
closed. Your choices are limited and expensive if you want a nice chrome
bumper. Find one that has good chrome from the desert states (my brother
call them the sun belt) or one with only surface rust that you will have
to find a chrome shop to repair it & re-chrome it. I checked Hemming's
adds a while ago an there are chromers they are few and far between all
over the country. Expect to pay big money for the work and the shipping.
Me I am going to have my bumpers chrome sand blasted off and paint them
the body color with chip resistant poly paint. I alway's liked the Big
Bad look of the 69 Javelin's & AMX's but not the look of the 77 AMX with
all that rubber crap on them. I will probably fill all the bumper bolt
holes and do a smoothie bumper job like the 50's customs.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Speaking of bumpers.... what are my options for
replacing the rear bumper on my 1978 Gremlin?  It's
rotting apart.  There doesn't happen to be someone who
makes replacements or deals in restored bumpers?

pax

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams