Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wrestling old school (was flair, ect)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wrestling old school (was flair, ect)

Eddie , Was that maske mexican wrestler "Mils Masqueres"?  Or close.

eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Well, I was about 14-15, and I knew I was going to have to clean up the crap that was breaking, think I got out of there at 4:00am that time. So was not the size now I am that am more than happy to get in the middle of bar brawls the last 25 years here in Houston at sports bars I run.

Speaking of brawls, I'm a big fan of amatuer wrestling, but also grew up watching Lucha Libre on television. Those Mexican wrestlers rock, and are extremely acrobatic and can literally FLY. Yes, they have "plots" like American wrestling did, and still does, you have your good guys, bad guys, people you cheer for, and referree sometimes gets knocked coo coo, only to have one of the bad guys 'help' his partnet fall across to 'pin' the fellow and the ref mysteriously wakes up at that moment and counts a quick 1, 2, 3!!! Some things never change, no matter what country.

I sure wished I could remember the name of the Mexican wrestler who used to wear his mask everywhere in Corpus Christi also. Nothing like walking thru Padre Stapels mall and seeing something like that, of course, lots of people following him, asking for autographs too. Not sure if he went to church like that though.

Since we are still talking for a moment about wresting in the middle of AMC talk, here is a good lucha libre site.
http://www.fwakanimation.com.au/luchalibrelinks.html

I'm not sure if this guy sells these old tapes, but check out the legendary matches......
http://hometown.aol.com/abbydabuccher/myhomepage/wrestling.html

Or there, boy, this brings back some memories of MAYHEM
http://www.midsouthwrestling.com/gold.html

But these are and also have a forum:
http://wrestlingclassics.com/

AMC content...................I used to drive my old 1970 Javelin I bought in 1976 to these, and would ge to the Colseum huors before the meet, just so I could park that big red booger across the street on Shoereline at McGee Beach. In other words, it was like going to a cruise night early to get prime spot. Obviously other gear heads had same idea, and was usually joined by Roadrunners, Corvettes, Novas, and other, usually pre-75 classics!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx