[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Mad or Glad

Not to make anyone mad, but I kinda expect people to act a little
silly when they see my Gremlin, but thats why I like em.
Its not that there really making fun of our cars, but the Gremlin
kinda lets people enjoy a car while having fun with it. Does that
make sense?
I like my car and thats all that matters. If I wanted to be like
everyone else, Id have got a Mustang or a Camaro.
Let em giggle and have fun. Rod

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> As you know the street rods are in town this weekend. 13,000 of
them are at
> the fairgrounds. How do they phrase it the biggest car participant
show in the
> world. They  have held the nationals here for the last 8 years and
are
> schedule to be here until 2010.  Well, I got Gremmie out tonight.
There is one street
> in front of the fairgrounds with a lot of motels on it. It is
right off the
> expressway at the main gate that the street rods go in and out.
When I started
> cruising up and down this street 5 or 6 years ago there was maybe
200 hundred
> people who sit up their lawn chairs in the motels watching the
cars go by and
> a few local in their "classics" would ride up and down the street
before they
> went to the local car show. This thing has grown so now there is a
couple of
> thousand of people siting in their lawn chairs and a bunch of
local cruising
> this strip. Well, tonight I was riding through there and a bunch
of them started
> cheering, clapping and yelling. I had seen them do this with real
super
> street rods before so I started looking around wondering where
this super ride was.
> Then I noticed they were doing all this for the Gremmie. Well,
like the proud
> papa I am I waved back at them with a big smile on my face just as
happy as
> could be. When I got out on the main street heading to the local
car show I
> started thinking were these guys doing that because they
appreciated seeing a
> Gremlin or were they making fun of us. They might have been making
fun of us like
> I have seen guys do to a fat woman at the beach. I don't know
weather to go
> back tomorrow night or not and if I go back should I ignore them,
smile and
> wave back, or give them the middle finger and tell them to kiss my
fat rear end.
> Surly they were just appreciating something different. I noticed
on their web
> sight at some of their regional meets that they are letting cars
30 years are
> older into their shows because so many of the members have them
for second or
> even third cars. Last year a guy stopped me and wanted to buy
Gremmie for his