Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mad or Glad

twa1950@xxxxxxx wrote:
As you know the street rods are in town this weekend. 13,000 of them are at the fairgrounds. How do they phrase it the biggest car participant show in the world. They  have held the nationals here for the last 8 years and are schedule to be here until 2010.  Well, I got Gremmie out tonight. There is one street in front of the fairgrounds with a lot of motels on it. It is right off the expressway at the main gate that the street rods go in and out. When I started cruising up and down this street 5 or 6 years ago there was maybe 200 hundred people who sit up their lawn chairs in the motels watching the cars go by and a few local in their "classics" would ride up and down the street before they went to the local car show. This thing has grown so now there is a couple of thousand of people siting in their lawn chairs and a bunch of local cruising this strip. Well, tonight I was riding through there and a bunch of them started cheering, clapping and yelling. I had seen them do this with real super street rods before so I started looking around wondering where this super ride was. Then I noticed they were doing all this for the Gremmie. Well, like the proud papa I am I waved back at them with a big smile on my face just as happy as could be. When I got out on the main street heading to the local car show I started thinking were these guys doing that because they appreciated seeing a Gremlin or were they making fun of us. They might have been making fun of us like I have seen guys do to a fat woman at the beach. I don't know weather to go back tomorrow night or not and if I go back should I ignore them, smile and wave back, or give them the middle finger and tell them to kiss my fat rear end. Surly they were just appreciating something different. I noticed on their web sight at some of their regional meets that they are letting cars 30 years are older into their shows because so many of the members have them for second or even third cars. Last year a guy stopped me and wanted to buy Gremmie for his daughter. I know you all weren't there but what do guys think.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS