Re: [BaadAssGremlins] eagle law

I got it Eddie. I have tried to get a picture of Gremlin police cars that were used here but seems no one has one or at least the cops won't look for one for me. In 77 or 78 the city of Louisville bought a bunch of Gremlins to replace their three wheel scooters for the traffic maids and for traffic control. They had all the Police emblems on them and had red and blue lights on top. They used them to write parking tickets, investigate accidents and direct traffic during special events. They were real police cars manned by real cops. Not used for many high speed chases. They replaced them with Caviler Wagons. They bought the Gremlins because the city had a bunch of Hornets that they had used for a lot of city department cars. I had an uncle who worked in the city garage and he drove one of the Hornets back and forth to work for years. I remember when they got rid of all the Amc's he bought me the last 6 or 7 oil filters they had and a couple of set of spark plugs. Maybe when the winter turns cold I will go to the library and see if I can't find an old black and white picture of one in the old newspapers. I know the cops have to have some pictures of them but the people I talk to act like I am some kid of nut. A few of them remember them but that is about it.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS