RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Ebay Mile Liars

My '72 gremlin has 46000 original miles.  There is NO way its 146000,
the car was all original and in very good shape when I got it (two small
rust areas).  A car up here in Canada with 146k miles would be all rust,
especially at that age.  They are out there...   I'm NOT defending the
eBay folk but my point is that back in the 70s when things were good and
money was worth something, people would buy a cheapo car and drive it
for 80k miles and park it cuz "OMG, its worn out! Its got 80k miles!".
There were people that could even afford to buy a new car every couple
of years, especially a cheap AMC (you've all seen the pricing ads).  I
believe its those cars that are showing up now, stored in barns or
Grandma's garage... Everyone wants to cash in on the AMC fad... LOL
except the only people buying them are the wily old buggers like us that
really know what they are worth.

//Rant On
Its sad that back when I was a lad getting my first car (1987) that a
hopped up Javvy would probably only cost me $2500.. Maybe less cuz it
wasn't (same as Darts, Dusters, Camaros, Chargers, etc). Hell, my bro
bought a '73 Dart Sport w/numbers matching 340cu and tranny for $1500
(still has it). I bought my virtually rust free 70sst Rebel for $900, it
had 75000 miles.  I miss those days.  Now everyone's gotta charge
$15/inch for NOS tail light lenses...  Back in those days, you probably
could have gotten a NOS '72 grill for your Grem for $50.
//Rant Off

Anyway, hope all yall are doing well.  Figured I'd post since I haven't
done so in a while.