Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Ebay Mile Liars

Yes and no Paul. My theory is that most of the ones with high miles have already been sent to the crusher. While I agree it does seem odd still I have one a 78 with 72,000 miles on it that I know are actual. It was my mothers car. She bought it when it was 2 years old and had 25,000 miles on it. She drove it for 12 years and put about 40,000 miles on it. The car was driven to church on Sunday, to the doctor and oh yea to the local country bar every Friday and Saturday night. She got her another car and quit driving the Gremlin in 92. I started fooling with it in 97 and I have put less than 1000 miles a year on it just driving to car shows in the summer. Paul if yours sat if a field for a long time I would not be surprised at all if the 60+ thousand miles is original. I haven't reserch it but I bet if you look at most of your 30+ year old plain cars not the muscle cars that have been restored you will find that they are the low millage old lady cars that spent there lives in a garage. That is my 2 cents worth.
Terry