[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Someone please bring a radiator to the AMO show!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Someone please bring a radiator to the AMO show!

Hi Lu, well I 'was" looking forward to the AMO show......until last
Saturday. I have been having side pains for about two weeks so went to
doctor and ran some tests. Not only have a uniary tract infection, but also
a really good chance I have diabetes. So I emailed several of the AMO and
Georgia people to let them know I was reluctantly backing out to take care
of this unexpected development on this end. I also gave up my hotel room and
cancelled my flight. I had a lot of stuff boxed up to ship over to Atlanta
too. Sort of really caught me off guard and f****d up my plans royally, as
had everyting in place to go vend and have a great time too. I think there
is a wee bit o anger here on this end also as suddenly my whole food pyramid
went to hell.

They have over 135 cars preregistered so far, which means probably over 200
cars at the show, whihc should be the largest in the US this year. For those
of you who will make it, here are some suggestions.
1. make a 'shopping list' of items you want/need, in order of priority for
your car(s)
2. make sure you have lots of batteries for camera, you will need them
3. make sure you have lots of money, as you will find stuff at this national
you would NEVER find at other meets, or on ebay. Hint. I always suggest to
people to hit the unofficial swap meet on Thursdays, as many times you can
score some major deals. Friday it is wide open as is Saturday, but Thursdays
is usually where I buy most of my stuff.
4. If you are flying in, ship stuff back to you, there are are lot of pack
and ship places at these nationals. Or.....if you know some folks from your
area who have driven up, make like you are in Mexico and bribe them to lug
the stuff back for you if they have room in truck, SUV, or trunk of car. I
can't tell you how many times I have slipped someone from Houston $100 to
drag crap back to Houston in their show car trailer, truck, Surburban,
whatever. That $100 goes a long way for hotels, and especially this summer
of $62 a barrel oil, gas for those rigs. So flash some green.
5. If you don't have tickets to the banquet, get them and go. Usually about
$20-$25 a person, the food is awesome and some of the best times I have ever
had at AMO national meets is at the banquets. Great to see some of the faces
of people who have won, especially in the best of show class Americas Cup.
Once you win that, your car is 'retired' and it does not have to be all
concours correct either, just the best of the best.
6. Best of all, it is awesome to put a 'face' to the voice, or email
address, or letters at this meet. For instance if I was going, I would guess
(and don't take this personally) that Lu is about 35 with blonde hair. If
Bart was going I would look for the guy who looks like Jesus. Davis would
probably have a NAMDRA shirt with a Gremlin popping a wheelie on it, dark
hair, about 40. Yup, I am probably 0 fer 3 on those, but that is why it is
so much fun to meet people face to face.
7. Have fun most of all, good luck, would like a few pix and report once
back and have a safe trip.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825