[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Baby Moons? (Terry)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@xxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 6/30/05 10:35:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> paxiljunki@xxxx writes:
>
> Terry,
>
> What are baby moons?  (color me  clueless).
>
> I'd gladly drop some bucks on new rims, but don't  know
> how to find ones that will fit the bolt pattern on the
> car.  I  contacted the people who sold me the Borbet
> rims for my Neon and they had  no clue.
>
> pax
>

> Baby moons are actually called 'Smoothies' their a chrome rim with a small
> dog dish hubcap in the middle and are often seen on older cars and have been
> around for many years and are a timeless looking rim.
> Bart

Sorry Bart but I beg to differ. Baby moons are a small smooth dog dish style hubcap. They can be used on a painted steel wheel or as the chrome wheels were called when widened, chrome reversed wheels. Paint a steel wheel silver add a set of baby moons and a set of chrome trim rings and for 60 or so $$ they almost look like the chrome ones Bart described. Did that on my yellow Hornet when it was new and I was broke from car payments.
"Doc"