Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: E85 question

HEY....I know that place     Used to be some Pottorff's from there.

blue77gremlin <blue77gremlin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I live west of Rockford Ill about 40 or so miles. Turn north at the
red barn that is a restuarant, pass the ethonal plant turn right
past the RWB Machine and turn left at Ole Joes place with 3 legged
donkey go three more more farms and go up the one lane dirt road.
LOL HAHAHA          SCOTT

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bradley Jones
<wagonmasterx5@xxxx> wrote:
> OK, Where in Illinois are you 2 guys?? I'm originally from East
Alton.

> blue77gremlin <blue77gremlin@xxxx> wrote:-I live in Ill too. I
know a few people who are running E85. Their

<paxiljunki@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > ok, this is kooky, i know, but i'm curious.  has
> > anyone here used E85 (ethanol) in either a modern
> > flexible fuel vehicle, or attempted to use it with
> > their old 70's carborated car?
> >
> > i'm in illinois where E85 is a new big thing and
> > there's talk of removing the taxes on it (to help the
> > farmers, yada yada).  it's available at many of my
> > local gas stations and is a lot cheaper than gas.
> > according to my trusted mechanic and my chemist
> > husband, converting my 78 gremlin to a flexible-fuel
> > vehicle won't involve much more than installing larger
> > jets in my carb.  my gas milage will go down, but the
> > cost to get from point a to point b will be
> > considerably less.
> >
> > but really, what are the bugs in this system?  from
> > what i understand, E85 eats rubber hoses for breakfast
> > and gaskets for dinner.
> >
> > if my car wasn't already a trusty daily driver, i'd
> > just go ahead and do it out of curiousity.
> >
> > pax
> >
> > "I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they
make
> as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams

> > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

Service.