[BaadAssGremlins] exhaust pipe size...whats too big?

[BaadAssGremlins] exhaust pipe size...whats too big?

When i went with my son to the INDY swapmeet/trade show in March, i
picked up some Magnaflow mufflers and a X pipe. My son talked me into
3"(also thats all they had). Now..in my 72 Gremlin with a 401,Hooker
Super Comp headers(1 3/4" primary,3" collectors), bored .040=409,9.6/1
compression,INDY heads(if the deal get straightened out),RPM air-gap
intake,healthy hydraulic cam,2500 stall in a 727 OR 904(not sure which
to use yetyet)3.70 rear gear. Will that be too large diameter
pipe...full exhaust all the way out the back? I don't want to defeat
the purpose of my large exhaust by using too large and hurting the
scavenging affect!I may be able to swap them for 2 1/2" when they make
up my dual exhaust after i get the 401 installed.Thanks,Joe

http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM