[BaadAssGremlins] Cam is ordered.....was suggestions for my 401 cam!!

[BaadAssGremlins] Cam is ordered.....was suggestions for my 401 cam!!

Well. I called Engle back today. Night and day
difference from the fellow i talked with last
week.This time i talked with a very knowledgeable
fellow. He told me that Doug answered the phone after
they closed last week.He (Doug)normally DOES-NOT do
any cam reccomendations.This fellow actually knew ALOT
about AMC heads and engine requirements. He told me
that he had infact worked with TRACO designing the
cams for the race engines back in the day!! He said
that AMC heads were just about the most balanced heads
ever made !! Balanced as to intake/versus exhaust
efficency/flow/design....etc!! He listened very
carefully to my specs,intentions as to use of my
Gremlin.Made several really good suggestions as to
lift,duration,lobe seperation angle...etc,and left the
final pick for me to decide based on how i plan to use
my car. We are doing a custom grind for my engine.
He's doing it different from what they have listed in
their stock. It's "based" on their new cam lobe design
that utilizes the larger lifter diameter of the AMC
engines.  Now...when i get this all assembled..i'll
let you know what happens. BUT....Now it's "really"
getting hard to wait till i have enough $$$ to get the
rest of my parts that i need!!!! I'll keep you guys
posted as to my progress.Gotta sell my R4B(with amc
##) and several cams , and a 401 block,68-69 390
block,68-69 390 rods/pistons.Later...Joe.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

'Thanks & Giving.'