[BaadAssGremlins] 1/25th model Gremlin repro decals, quality report by J

[BaadAssGremlins] 1/25th model Gremlin repro decals, quality report by Jerry

  I found three separate sets of 1/25th? Gremlin model decals on
Ebay a few weeks ago, and bid /won one set, purchased the other two
outright from the same seller. I just recently received them, and
here's my quality report on them. ( Doc had mentioned that some
repro's are yellowed from copying old sets, I don't know if they're
all supposed to be stark white background or not, but I'll report'em
as I see'em )

1) AMT Funny Car Gremlin - This set has the whitest background of
the 3 sets, has black and red hockey stripe sets ( two sets, your
choice, plus 2 big red X's with the Gremlin guy in the middle, like
the Hotwheels Gremlin Grinder tampo on the roof. Has an AMC flag,
text, misc. racing related tampos like Hooker, B & M, Goodyear, etc.
Of the three sets, this is the cleanest in cooler contrast ( no
yellowing )

2) AMT Funny Gremlin funny car - This set is slightly off-white,
more "beige" than yellow background. Red/white/blue graphics, bold
red/white/blue straight stripes, many racing tampo "stickers" like E-
T, Crane Cams, Champion, etc. Uniquest thing is that it has two
Gremlin guy tampos, one is a FRONT view ( normal ), the other is the
REAR view ( Gremlin backside ), which you don't see at all anywhere
else!!! Has " Funny Gremlin" text in red which follows wheelwell
opening lines on side, big R/W/B door decal tampo. Not a bad set.

3) AMT Lou Azar funny Gremlin - This last set is rather yellowish in
the background, probably wouldn't look good on a white car, but
anything else, darker, would work. Details of the decals; mostly
red/white/blue themed, many racing sticker tampos ( STP, B & M ,
Manley, VHT, Cragar, Autolite ), etc. Has a single Gremlin text
tampo, 2 small X's, some side stripes ( not hockey type, more U-
shaped ), a 236 CI tampo, side " Funny Gremlin" text tampos and door
tampos, and a rear taillight tampo. Lou Azar tampos as well for the
roof. Has about 25% more decals than the other two sets

Prices - these ran $5.50 each, $1.85 shipping. Guy was impatient, I
wanted to confirm the non-auction purchases with the auction one to
combine shipments, and his communications weren't the best, I did
get an "unpaid" email from Ebay, but cleared it up once we got the
info I wanted passed to me. Might be a young guy, dunno. Anyway, I'd
say they're worth the money, for repro's. He's got more up on Ebay
now too, so he can print more.
  I might ask if he can do custom work, and just do a few of the
tampos on the sheet. I'd like MORE of those Gremlin guy tampos , of
the front and rear views, just by themselves. :)
  Well, that's my AMC ( Gremlin ) model report, if you want to
contact this person directly to purchase some, here's the contact
info:

Minivette68@xxxxxxx
Scott Myers
Clifton, VA ( Near me! )

Or, you can just bid on Ebay. :) Well, happy modeling, that's all,
folks!

- Jerry Casper -

'Thanks & Giving.'