Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Interior Progress

Davis nothing I have done on this car in the 1 1/2 years I have owned it
have been easy. It seems like no matter how big a job or how small a job
it alway's has to be a fight to get it done. Also when I repair one
thing I find 2 more to repair. Once the headliner is in I have to remove
all the parts in the whole hatch area and rear seat to install the new
carpet for the inner wheel wells that are visible in a Hatchback. The
endless things to be done yet to finish this interior is starting to
over whelm me. I am doing every thing but the seat upholstery myself or
with the help of the shop owner where the car is. It already has been
there for 2 1/2 months. The doors still need some work after the frame
welding. The welded areas need to be touched up with orange. The hinges
all need to be rebuilt. The drivers door pillar is cracked and needs to
be welded along with new striker studs installed and I still to replace
the dash board and wire up the pods new gauges. The list goes on and on.
I spent most of yesterday repairing 3 small plastic moldings and
painting 4 of them. This is definitely my last interior job.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
Doc,
 Comming along well I see. Nothing ever goes together easy. If it does I always feel uneasy and think somthing must be wrong.
 It is raining and the guys are comming to look at the spirit. So I will have to bear the rain for a while. The wife just informed me that she has had Aran all week and now it is my tun to have him so no working on the car this weekend.  Told the wife " that's ok I'll just take him out to the garage with me" JK
But I love spending time with him so maby I will read him the new summit catalogue
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I made some progress on the interior this past week and it is finally
going back together. But as usual not without a fight. Small NOS parts
won't quite fit without a little persuasion, other later model parts are
not quite the same and it takes time to figure out how to install them
properly. Then there are other small plastic parts that when you go to
dye them you find hair line cracks that need to be repaired. The small
parts will be repaired today and tomorrow as it is raining and I am
staying in for the weekend. I did however get all the quarter window
molding in along with the 77 AMX seat belts that I had to dye as they
were faded. I Dyanamat'd the inside of the roof and have all the
moldings set to install the headliner monday. Slowly that puke tan
interior is disappearing. "Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.