Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Pictures of my 81'Spirit 401

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Pictures of my 81'Spirit 401

Davis,
The Port Work doesn't come cheap....but if you are wanting to go faster...it's a must.
The Total cost was $1,734.45  That is consisting of all the porting, polishing, machining valve seats.  Also the cost of parts.  2.055 Intake valves, 1.65 ex valves $160, Comp Cams Valve Springs$106.08, Comp Titanium Retainers $139.04
Also he port matched my torker ($125)
Porting and polishing was ($800)

The flow #'s were
             INTAKE       EXHAUST
.100         69.69             61.77
.200        136.86           114.81
.300        195.33           160.21
.400        242.83           202.31
.500        269.89           230.37
.600        273.09           241.40
.700        276.24           248.48

I would recommend anyone wanting to get some head work done to get Adkins Racing and Head Service to do it.  He did a great job on my heads.  You can get more flow out of steel heads but he will have to apoxy or weld the heads.  I think Indy heads are the way to go if your wanting more than 300 cfms.....but the flow of your heads needs to match you cubes, cam, compression.
When i had the heads done i got hemmi to set them up for a nitrous motor....because 9.8 compression is asking for a 150 shot.
Jade N.
Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jade,
 How much did it cost for the port job? What did you get for flow #'s?  I have been thinking of having a set of heads done.
 Sounds like you have a great setup. When do you think you will get the n2O you have a great combo for it.
 Davis

Jade Neal <spirt401@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
81'spirit
The car is really nice but is very dirty in the pics

-Just got this thing repainted back to the original two tone and added the rear spoiler and i will be getting back my hood that i got a 4" cowl hood added on that will give me some hood clearance for a big kn filter.

I replaced the blue interior with Black.  Carpet is new, seats are redone.
I put the battery in the back in a Moroso Battery box

-The motor is a 30 over 401 with a set of forged Speed Pros, stock rods with ARP Bolts and stock crank that I got the Oil holes chamfered on and balanced the motor.
-Heads are a set of 090 heads that have had a Port and Polish job by Hemi Adkins(did a great job on them)
-Intake is a Torker that he also done some work on to make it flow
-Cam is a HYD roller with .573 in.,.595 ex(236,246)
-Rollers are scorpions 1.6
I also put a Milidon pan on with the external line and put the internal line in the intake valley.

I think it should make more than 500 hp and 500 tq easy

Trans is a 904 with a reverse manual valve body, TCI 3500 stall, and a TCI Aluminum Pan

Suspension is stock with Caltracs.  9in. with spoil, 31 spline axels, 410 gear

I should be running some low 7's and some low 11's on my mild pump gas street amc

Jade N.