-----Original Message-----
From: Davis Martin [mailto:martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

I know of a couple of BAGers that have like 15 amc's
and are mostly subjected to the elemeants.
Thank goodness I bought a house with 6 garage bays!
Davis

==================

Not quite 15 here...but 6 right now. :)

All but one sit outdoors (you know which), but
all are on deep gravel, and they deal mainly
with rain and wind...but not puddles or tall
grass. They 'keep' ok out there. Half of them
are parts cars anyway. As soon as the weather
finally breaks, the Gremlin and black Spirit
will be stripped of remaining good stuff and
sent to the crusher (RIP). Then, the 401/727
come out of the Javelin and it gets sawed up
for remaining good structural portions...what
little remains will also go to scrap. That will
leave three- the copper 360 Hornet (show car),
the blue late-73 Hornet and the maroon Spirit.
The last two have been for sale for some time
with no serious inquiries- just tire-kickers.
But with the extra space made by the other's
being parted and gone, and the influx of cash
those parts will generate, the Spirit will
get a black interior, 77 AMX flares and air dam,
78 AMX grille and lights, 15" alloy wheels and
tires I won on eBay a while back, and rear spoiler.
It will then get a Maaco 'good' paintjob...color
as yet undecided. It's 258/998 are both weak,
but if a good 4.0L/4spdAuto Jeep donor doesn't
come along, the stock pieces will get 'repaired'
and prettied up while such a Jeep is waited for.
This will be a racy-looking 'driver' so my truck
isn't racking up so much mileage every day.

The blue Hornet will be left gutted, and we'll
install a pair of racing seats and it's stock dash,
then a V8 crossmember and springs it came with
will go in, followed by the 401/727 from the
Javelin (after it is freshened up) and the new
headers I got from Joe Gray. 8-slot rally wheels
(14s in front, 15s in back), too. We hope to make
it a bracket racer/street toy. It will also
receive a 'good' Maaco paintjob to mimick the
red 74 in the Bond film. All the pieces noted
are on hand, so it's a matter of weather and time.

As for garage bays...in a few years, if we build
the house we want, I'll have 4 bays (behind two
doors, double deep) and 5 acres of undeveloped
property to hide as much metal as I want to on.

That's the plan anyway...reality will likely vary.

John

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'