[BaadAssGremlins] Gotta love this- eBay seller delusional!

[BaadAssGremlins] Gotta love this- eBay seller delusional!

So I'm poking around eBay and this 78 AMX is listed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4538711136

The car is 'talked up' in the usual dealership BS way,
so I decide to inform them of a few details that are
missing/wrong or need attention. But the real fun is
at the end of their response to my note. Enjoy (and
don't have any cola in your mouth as you near the end).

Auction says:
"1978 AMC (American Motors Corporation) AMX. This is
an extremely unique automobile! The original owner sold
this car to the second buyer in 2001, and I purchased
the car from him just recently. I have ALL the original
documentation to this car including the original owners
manual, build sheets and purchase order. This information
comes directly off of the bill of lading. The car
originally sold in Watertown, South Dakota. It was ordered
with the following equipment and options: AMX 2-DR.
Hatchback, 304 CID, V-8 2-Barrel, Automatic Trans Floor
Shift, P1/00 Classic Black w/Gold Rally Stripes & Color
Keyed Wheels-4, Bucket Seats and Vinyl Trim, DR78X14-8
Raised Wht-Ltr Radial22, 2.87 Axle Ratio, Air Conditioning
Package, Air Conditioning System, Tinted Glass, Power
Steering, Power Disc Brakes-Front, AM Push-Button Radio,
and an Engine Block Heater. All of which is intact! The
overall condition of this car is great! There is very little
rust. The floor pans are solid, as is the trunk pan and
engine compartment. The frame rails are also solid. Dash
has no cracks. Heater works properly as do the windsheild
wipers. All lights are in working order including the side
marker lights. This car is ramrod straight. Its a joy to
drive and very tight. Buyer satisfaction is guaranteed.
This car turns heads everywhere it goes, and has NEVER been
damaged! It's a nostalgia buff's dream. A $500.00 deposit/
downpayment will be due within 48hours of the close of the
auction in the form of Master Card or Visa. The balance
will be due within 10 days of the close of the auction in
the form of Cashiers Check or Certified Bank Check to be
sent Federal Express Overnight with Tracking capability
or upon pickup or delivery. Buyer is responsible for all
shipping, handling, pickup and or delivery, any and all
fees associated with the purchase of said vehicle. This
vehicle is being sold by myself, a Licensed and Bonded
Dealer in the State of South Dakota operating under the
name of Foothills Auto Exchange, 2015 Cambell Street,
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701. My phone number is
605-388-0680 or you can contact me on my cell phone
anytime with questions at 605-381-2592. The dealer
expressly disclaims all warranties, either expressed or
implied, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Vehicle is sold in "As Is" condition. No warranties!
Dealer would consider transport up to 300 mile radius
of 57701 for fee of $300.00. By bidding you are taking
full responsibility of the terms set forth. DONT BID
UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUS!"

I said:
"Hi, Just a few observations from the photos- stuff you
might wish to pass along to bidders in the interest of
'full disclosure'. The car is missing it's original
flares and front air dam. The amber lights on the front
bumper, the stereo and the column-mounted tach are
obvious add-ons, the grille's AMX emblem should be black
with chrome trim, not red/white/blue, and should be
mounted at the center of the grille. Still, tho- the car
looks like a very easy project, especially with so little
needed inside. I wish I had the room for yet another AMC
toy!"

They responded:
"Thanks for all your information. I failed to mention the
car comes with the original flares, front spoiler and also
the rear window louver. As you mentioned the add ons are
obvious! Couldn't say for sure about the emblem. Thanks
again, by the way I would be willing to sell it for
$10,000.00"

Have a nice day, all!

John

Give the gift of life to a sick child.