[BaadAssGremlins] T-5 Transmission questions

[BaadAssGremlins] T-5 Transmission questions

I'm picking up on an earlier string from one of the
AMC groups about the T-5 Ford transmission.  I'm
thinking of adding one to my parts collecting list for
my '72 232 six.  I removed the engine and trans to
clean it up and have a valve job on the six.  The
3speed has been detached and is sitting on the garage
floor.  Ever mindful of creeping gas prices, seems
now's the best time to swap out, if ever!

Got a couple of questions for anyone with the answers.
 Were the T-5's available only in Mustangs or was it
across various models?  Can I use ANY of them?  Is
there a specific date range I'm limited to?  Is there
a model year better than any other?
Any insight you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

> Yes.  A T-5 is a five speed manual trans.  AMC used
a bellhousing in the lat 70s
> early 80s that bolts straight to a T-5... An
overdrive transmission that was
> standard in the V8 GT Mustang of the 80s and 90s.

http://mail.yahoo.com

'Thanks & Giving.'