[BaadAssGremlins] So, how many leafs do I need??

[BaadAssGremlins] So, how many leafs do I need??

After talking to Davis and some others, there is a bit of confusion
to my leaf spring issue.  To make a long story short, I took my
Chremlins 4 leaf springs to be re arched as the car, even with
spring shackle extensions and leaf clamps, sits nearly on top of the
tires...and the springs are flat as you look at them while the car
is stationary, no arch at all.  Spring guy is using those springs
along with some other springs from a set of Spirit AMX springs and
making one good set for my race car, the Chremlin.  He was
indicating that he would be using 7 leafs per side.

Some have suggested overkill, others see no problem with it.  Is
there some formula for this?  Other than the weight, is there any
issues with running that many leaf springs?  I'm pretty sure I'll
have the axle windup issue under a lot more control, but will I
actually be doing more harm than good?  I can deal with the added
weight as it's in the rear and I have yet to pull the rear bumper.

Your thoughts??

'Thanks & Giving.'